Three Graces 408 Craft lodge
The Lodge of Three Graces held its first recorded meeting on the 15th of September 1792, under its original Lodge number 506.
However the first meeting of which we have detailed records took place some years later on the 7th July 1806 at the Black Bull Public House at the top of Haworth's Main Street.
At this time the Reverend Patrick Bronte was the ‘perpetual curate’ of the St. Michael and All Angels Church in Haworth.
His son Branwell Bronte, brother to the more famous sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne was proposed and accepted into the Masonic Lodge then situated at Lodge Street in Haworth.
On June 12th 1837 Branwell became the Lodge Secretary.
His last lodge meeting was in 1842.
Our current Lodge premises stand on Mill Hey, and were purchased from Merrel and Son Ltd on the 25th of May 1907 for a little over £85.
The first sod was cut on the 27th of May 1907 by Worshipful Brother J.W.Parker, and on the 14th of December 1907 the Lodge records its first official meeting in the new premises.